If you have read “Your Alien” you will understand why I chose this recipe for this week. It was either casserole or couch cushions. I think the casserole was the better choice. My son may disagree.
This is a basic Chicken and Stuffing Casserole that I make quite often for my family. There are a bunch of ways to make it, but this is my version. To make it a little more kid-friendly, I put the stuffing into a muffin pan instead of a casserole pan. Not only is this more fun for kids to eat, but helps with portioning if you are on a weight loss program.
Helping to make dinner, gives children a sense of pride and accomplishment. Theoretically, it is supposed to encourage your chidren to try new foods. Not my kid. But, maybe it will work for yours. Mine probably would have preferred the couch cushions.
Do you have trouble getting your child to eat dinner? My son will pack away the food at breakfast and lunch but has no interest in dinner, even if its his favorite food. Is this normal for toddlers? Please tell me he will outgrow it? Please?
Let’s get started.
1 or 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
1 package instant stuffing mix
2 cans cream of whatever soup (I used cream of chicken and cheese)
1 cup of broccoli, chopped (you can substitute any vegetable that your family will eat)
1 cup of shredded cheese (I used cheddar but a mexican blend would work well too)
1. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F. If using fresh broccoli, microwave for 1 minute or until softened a little.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Mix soup s together and add to the bowl. Stir to combine.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan. Pack it down and sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake in oven for 15 mins or until the cheese is melted.
6. Pop casserole cups out of muffin pan with a spoon or spatula. Plate and serve.
That’s it. A healthy, yummy meal for your family with the help of your little alien.
Do you make dinner with your child? What do they enjoy doing in the kitchen?
- 1 or 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 package instant stuffing mix
- 2 cans cream of whatever soup (I used cream of chicken and cheese)
- 1 cup of broccoli, chopped (you can substitute any vegetable that your family will eat)
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (I used cheddar but a mexican blend would work well too)
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Heat oven to 350°F. If using fresh broccoli, microwave for 1 min or until softened to your liking.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix soups together and then add to bowl. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 min or until cheese is melted.
- Using a spoon or spatula, pop the casserole cups out of the pan. Plate and serve.